Home  |  About GZ  |  Directory  |  Contact Us  |  Help Center
Government  |  Residents  |  Visitors  |  Business  
It is advisable to find out the applicable procedures for temporary lodging before you leave for Guangzhou, as foreign nationals are required to register their accommodation with authorities within 24 hours of arrival in Guangzhou. If you plan to stay in Guangzhou for long or need to rent or purchase a property, you can also find the related information here. Lodging_zy.jpg
See the following for details about lodging in Guangzhou

A foreign national who intends to lodge in the city should, within 24 hours of his or her arrival, register or have his or her host register with the local police station by presenting his or her passport or valid identity paper. The individual should then fill out the Overseas Personnel Temporary Lodging Registration Form, and obtain a registration slip.

A foreign national with a "residence permit" who leaves his or her original place of lodging and temporarily lodges elsewhere should register with the local police station within 24 hours of his or her arrival at the new place of lodging.

A foreign national seeking accommodation at a hotel should present a valid entry document and carefully fill out the registration form.

Properties leased by foreign nationals should conform to safety requirements. Property owners should complete property lease registration and filing formalities and sign a "Public Order Commitment Letter" with the local police station.

To register lodging the new place of lodging, the lodger should provide the following documents:

1. A photocopy of his or her passport or the personal information page (with photo) of his/her valid identity paper and visa.

2. A photocopy of the lease agreement and the property title deed if he/she has rented a property.

3. A large one-inch square photo if he or she is registering for temporary lodging.

1. Scrutinize the property title deed and the original of the identity paper and household registration book of the property owner to ensure that he/she is qualified to lease the property. Also, find out the property's mortgage and pawn status with the local real estate transaction center.

2. If the leased property is to be devoted to office or business purposes, it must have been designated as commercial property and the land on which it stands must have been designated as non-residential; otherwise, the tenant will not be able to obtain a business license.

3. Before signing the lease agreement, clarify rights and obligations. For example, how the rents and payments for water, power, gas, phone and cable TV bills will be paid; who will be responsible for repairing non-human damage to any facility on the property and what damages the property owner is liable for if he or she terminates the lease agreement before its term expires.

4. Check if the property is currently held under lease. If yes, the new lease agreement cannot be registered and filed by the authorities.

5. Ask for a receipt for any rents paid.

Foreign nationals who intend to reside or study in China for more than one year are allowed to purchase commercial properties needed for personal occupation. They are not, however, allowed to purchase commercial properties that are not for personal occupation. Residents from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan and overseas Chinese may purchase commercial properties of a limited floorage in China as they require.

Overseas entities and individuals who are allowed to purchase commercial properties for their own occupation should make the purchase under their real names and complete the land use rights and property title registration formalities with the local land and property authority by presenting valid certificates (certificates showing the Chinese government approvals permitting their work or studies in China).

The foreign exchange regulatory authority strictly reviews inward remittance of funds intended for property purchases and settlements in foreign exchange by foreign-invested enterprises, overseas entities and individuals. Only those who have been found in compliance with the relevant regulations are allowed to remit funds and make settlements in foreign exchange. Proceeds in RMB from the transfer of properties are allowed to be converted into foreign currency and remitted abroad after the compliance evaluation and tax rebate formalities are completed.

A property deal that involves a foreign party should be notarized, and a power of attorney that authorizes the disposal of a property should also be notarized or witnessed by a lawyer.

If you find out anything wrong with the information, links and the translation, please offer your comments by selecting the relative content with your mouse and holding "CTRL" and "ENTER" simultaneously. Thank you!
Copyright © 2010 The People`s Government of Guangzhou Municipality.All RightsReserved
Email: gzportal@gz.gov.cn ICP备案号: 粤ICP备2022092331号-1