Home  |  About GZ  |  Directory  |  Contact Us  |  Help Center
Government  |  Residents  |  Visitors  |  Business  
How to apply for travel permit

An alien wishing to travel to cities or counties closed to aliens shall apply in advance for a travel permit to the public security bureau of city or county where he/she stays and proceed there only with permission.

To apply for travel permit, the following procedures must be completed:

(1) Submit passport or residence certificate for examination.

(2) Provide papers supporting the purposes of travel.

(3) Fill in a travel application form.


(1) An alien's travel permit shall be valid for one year at the most, and may not exceed the period of validity of his/her visa or residence certificate.

(2) An alien who, after obtaining a travel permit, wishes to extend its validity, tour more places closed to aliens or increase the number of accompanying persons shall apply to public security bureau for extension or alteration.

(3) Aliens shall not enter places closed to aliens without permission.

All materials marked with "source: English.gz.gov.cn" on this website (including but not limited to text, photographs, audio and video materials) are the copyrighted property of Guangzhou International (the official website of Guangzhou Municipality). Without prior authorization from Guangzhou International, any media, website, organization or individual shall not transmit, interlink, distribute or republish such materials in any form. Any media and website authorized to republish such materials shall mark them with "source: Guangzhou International (English.gz.gov.cn)". Infringement of these copyrights will result in legal action.

If you find out anything wrong with the information, links and the translation, please offer your comments by selecting the relative content with your mouse and holding "CTRL" and "ENTER" simultaneously. Thank you!
Copyright © 2010 The People`s Government of Guangzhou Municipality.All RightsReserved
Email: gzportal@gz.gov.cn ICP备案号: 粤B2-20040244